Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course
September 7 & 8, 2012
8:00 a.m. -- 5:00 p.m.
Burtness Auditorium, Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
Download flyer / registration form
This two-day Emergency Nurses Association (ENA)-sponsored course is designed to provide core-level knowledge and psychomotor skills associated with implementing the nursing process in the care of children from birth through adolescence. The psychomotor skill stations facilitate initial integration of psychomotor abilities in a setting that stimulates pediatric patient situations. It is the intent of ENPC to enhance the nurse’s ability to rapidly and accurately assess the pediatric patient’s responses to the illness or injury event.
The two-day format includes lectures, hands on assessment and skill practice stations in addition to a written test.
At the end of the course the learner will :
- Describe characteristics of life threatening illness and injury for children.
- ID anatomic and physiologic characteristics of children as a basis for signs and symptoms.
- ID most frequent cause of illness and injury in children.
- Incorporate the nursing process.
Liz Calistro, RN
Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital Emergency Department
(805) 682-7111 ext. 52438 or email@example.com
Registration is not complete until payment is received. Download flyer / registration form
- CHS Employees and Travelers: Register through HealthStream; complete registration form and send in with $100 fee.
- NON-CHS Employees: Complete registration form and send in with $300 fee.
Make checks payable to CHS Education Department.
Mail check, copy of your RN License, and the completed registration form to:
Liz Calistro, Emergency Department
Cottage Health System
PO Box 689
Santa Barbara, CA 93102-9985