This course is designed to challenge the critical care nurse to take his or her knowledge to the next level in trauma care. The presentation will address “hot- topics” that effect trauma and critical care nursing at the bedside. Nurses attending this conference will be provided with the latest information, guidelines and current evidence based research applicable to our current practice.
- Discuss the physiology of aging, management, and resuscitation strategies in the geriatric trauma patient
- Describe nursing role in sedation, delirium and mobility in the critical injured patient
- Identify end points of resuscitation and the role of new technology
- Discuss the role of the nurse as a clinician through evidence based practice, mentoring and excellence.
Presenter: Chris Schulman RN, MS, CCRN
Course Coordinators: Jennifer Wobig RN BSN
Christine Block MSN, RN, CNRN
Patti Wicklund RN BSN CCRN
Provider approved for 4.5 contact hours by the California Board of Nursing, Provider #00252.
Course meets the qualifications for 4.5 hours of continuing education credit for MFTs &/or LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Provider # PCE 741
Download flyer / registration form
1. Register via HealthStream (Women's Services)
No charge to CHS employees.
1. Register via HealthStream.
2. Forward check for $70 payment to Education Department.
1. Complete registration form. Fee $70.