Addressing Your Concerns
The Concern/Complaint Process: What to Expect
Cottage Health System encourages patients and their families to report care and safety concerns to any member of your healthcare team. Your healthcare team will work together in a timely manner to resolve your concerns to your satisfaction.
To ensure a consistent level of excellent patient care and service, Cottage Health System has put in place a multi-tiered process for handling and resolving any patient satisfaction issues:
- Any employee receiving a concern/complaint will provide the first response.
- The employee will take additional action as necessary to resolve your concerns. They will help with the following:
- Improving communication
- Accessing information
- Addressing concerns
- Resolving difficulties
If your concerns have not been addressed to your satisfaction, you may have your nurse contact Patient Relations by calling extension 57244 or (805) 569-7244.
Your Patient Relations Representative will:
- Obtain additional information to resolve your concern.
- Review complaints, concerns, inquiries, and needs on your behalf.
- Arrange a meeting if required to address your concern with the relevant members of the healthcare team.
- Act as the liaison between hospital personnel and you to answer non-medical questions and concerns.
- Serve as a point person with whom patients and family members can discuss concerns and ask questions.
If you still have unresolved concerns after your discharge, we encourage you to put your grievance in writing to our Patient Relations Coordinator.
Please send your grievance to:
Cottage Health System
PO Box 689
Santa Barbara, CA 93102
Attn: Lisa Green
Patient Relations Coordinator
Your Patient Relations Coordinator will:
- Send you an acknowledgement letter within seven business days of receipt of your letter.
- Further investigate grievance and send you final written response within a stated number of days, no longer than 30 business days.